This article describes effective procedures for Rubyists to setup new Mac OS Sierra.
- XCode : IDE for Swift and Objective-C
- IntelliJ IDEA the Java IDE : Capable and Ergonomic IDE for a lot of languages
- iTerm : Modern and functional terminal app
- SourceTree : Free Git Client
- Visual Studio Code : Redefined Code Editor
- Docker for mac : Installer for docker tools
- AppCleaner : Uninstaller for unwanted apps
- Better Snap Tool : Improve your keyboard, mouse, trackpad and etc
- BitBar - Put anything in your Mac OS X menu bar
- Chrome : Effective browser
- Dash for macOS
- Dropbox : Keeping your data to synchronize Dropbox server
- Endurance : Boost your Mac Battery
- Evernote : Simplify cloud text editor
- Google Japanese Input : IME for Japanese
- Kindle for Mac : Kindle Browser
- TripMode : Reduce your mobile data consumption
- Captain : Manage Docker containers
Before any installation, you should approve Xcode license agreement by the following command:
You should execute the following command to install Homebrew:
If you are asked about Xcode Command line tool while installing with Homebrew, please install it.
If you want to use a coftable Zsh customized by the community, let’s install
You should install Git command line tool:
After installing Git, we recommend to set global
You should set basic passwords to skip filling password by
In addition, please add a alias
git push-f to
If you want to fill a path more quickly,
wting/autojump is one of the greatest solutions.
After installing, set the following setting by
After the setting, execute the following command to reflect the setting:
Ricty is a fonts for programming, if you want to try it, please set the following command:
To avoid installing unnecessary documents, add the following setting
After the above setting, let’s install the following rbenv and Ruby-build:
Edit the following setting by
The setting is reflected by the following command:
Install Ruby by rbenv:
Please set alias to
After setting, reflect the upper settings:
Download JDK from Java SE - Downloads / Oracle and install it.
After install JDK, you should install Maven & gradle too.
After that, please write the bellow code in .zshrc:
Please refer to java - Intellij Idea: Importing Gradle project - getting JAVA_HOME not defined yet - Stack Overflow and set the SDK at the first start of IntelliJ Idea.
Please write the bellow code in .zshrc:
🖥 Recommended VPS Service
VULTR provides high performance cloud compute environment for you.
Vultr has 15 data-centers strategically placed around the globe, you can use a VPS with 512 MB memory for just $ 2.5 / month ($ 0.004 / hour).
In addition, Vultr is up to 4 times faster than the competition, so please check it => Check Benchmark Results!!